Scots Take Two in 7-2 Loss
MONTGOMERY, Ala. – Two singles wins, the first of the USA South season, came for Maryville in a' 7-2 setback for the Scots at Huntington.
Maryville saw a victory in the No. 1 spot thanks to Kyle Shaver. The junior won his singles match with a 7-6 margin in a tiebreaker before taking the second set 6-3. Seth Green also picked up a victory in singles action. He won in the sixth spot with scores of 6-1 in both sets.
"That was our most complete performance of the year, especially in doubles," Scots' head coach Doug Corbett said. "I'm proud of them! We will be looking to build on this showing tomorrow."
In that doubles action, both the first and third teams for Maryville fought before both fell by a mark of 8-6. The second spot also put in a solid day with three game wins in an 8-3 loss.
The Scots hope to keep up the positive momentum in tomorrow's match at LaGrange. First serve is set for 1 p.m.
Huntingdon 7, Maryville 2
1. Kyle Shaver (MC) d. Carson Sands (HC) 7-6 (2), 6-3
2. Clint Robinson (HC) d. Keshawn Haynes (MC) 6-1, 6-4
3. Lane Young (HC) d. Cooper Newman (MC) 6-0, 6-0
4. Prosser Crow (HC) d. Jonah Hedges (MC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Cameron Reed (HC) d. Ben Wyrick (MC) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (5)
6. Seth Green (MC) d. Domenic Terrell (HC) 6-1, 6-1