The Maryville College Scots earned their sixth victory of the season on Saturday, as they defeated the Shawnee State University Bears, 8-1.
Maryville swept doubles competition, taking one match by default. Kayla Zimmerman and Anastasia Dunn downed Shelby Hay and Caleigh O'Neal, 8-2, before Carter Dickinson and McKennah Francis earned an 8-nil win over Jillian Kelly and Caitlyn McKell.
On the singles side of competition, MC took five of the six matches. The only loss came as Francis fell in extras to Hay, 6-3, 4-6, 1-0, as the Scots also won a match by default in singles.
Zimmerman downed O'Neal, 6-3, 7-5, as Dickinson defeated Kelly, 8-3, in a single-set match. Dunn followed suit with an 8-1 win over McKell, as Anna-Katherine Harris took on Leen Heresh for a 6-2, 6-3 victory.
The Scots look to ride the victory into Tuesday, as they host Johnson University with a 4 p.m. first serve. Maryville has only two matches remaining on the schedule with a postponed square off at Covenant College that has yet to be rescheduled.
Tennis Match Results
Shawnee State University vs Maryville College
Apr 07, 2018 at Knoxville, Tenn.
Maryville College 8, Shawnee State University 1
1. Shelby Hay (SSU) def. McKennah Francis (MVCW) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (10-8)
2. Kayla Zimmerman (MVCW) def. Caleigh O'Neal (SSU) 6-3, 7-5
3. Carter Dickinson (MVCW) def. Jillian Kelly (SSU) 8-3
4. Anastasia Dunn (MVCW) def. Caitlyn McKell (SSU) 8-1
5. Anna-Kath. Harris (MVCW) def. Leen Heresh (SSU) 6-2, 6-3
6. Joyce Coling (MVCW) def. No Player (SSU), by default
3. Anna-Kath. Harris/Joyce Coling (MVCW) def. No Player/No Player2 (SSU), by default
Shawnee State University 2-15
Maryville College 6-10